March 12, 2009

SO PROUD


Ok - so recently Cali has been reading books after books after books for the Sunshine State Reader. If you meet the requirement of 10 or more books, you get to be in a contest to answer questions about the books. Cali has read all 15 books that were needed and she was a part of the question session. Out of 30 children that got to compete she made it in the top 5. She will now be going with 4 other children from her school to compete with other schools in the Book-a-Thon. I am sooooo very proud of her for taking the initiative on her own to do this.

On top of that, she came to me the other day asking if I had a picture of her and I. I asked her what for and she said she needed to bring in a picture of her and her hero........I about died!!!!! I said to her "You think I am your hero" and she said "Yes". I asked why and she said "Because you always take care of us"! It definitely doesn't get any better than that!

1 comment: